Here are some tips of what needs to be done to insure no interior water leaks during spring. Call a professional to help with this task.
• Clean all debris from the surface of the roof. Debris has a tendency to hold water, and water will expedite roof deterioration,
especially if your roof is asphalt based such as a built-up roof or asphalt shingles.
• Check all flashings and make sure that they are not deteriorated and there are no holes in them.
• Dab some roof cement under any loose shingle tabs. One dab on either side should do.
• Replace any damaged shingles.
• Keep all gutters free of debris. Make sure that the downspouts are draining properly by water testing them.
• Trim back any overhanging tree branches.
• Check all caulking and sealants. Scrape and remove any caulking that is weather cracked and damaged.
• Check the mortar on chimneys and parapet walls, both in between the brick and on top. If it’s damaged or deteriorated, have it tuck-pointed.
Any mason can perform this work.
We have special programs to help with the maintenance of your most important investment your roof.