Insurance Claims For Roofs
If you have a badly hail damaged roof in Plano or anywhere in the Dallas area, you will need to file an insurance claim to cover the cost of your roof repair. Most storm damaged roofing claims are covered by insurance and you need to begin the process promptly once you’ve secured your property.
Temporary roof repairs are also covered by insurance to protect your property from further loss or damage. (A typical temporary roof repair should not exceed $300)
- Call your insurance company: Report the possible loss; let the professionals determine the extent of the damage.
- Select your DFW roofing contractor: Protect your best interest by choosing an experienced roofing contractor familiar with the insurance claim process, as soon as possible. (If there are any discrepancies you will be represented professionally).
- Adjuster meeting: To insure the scope includes all damages and your needs are met, at a “price agreeable” to the insurance company and your contractor, they should meet.
- Call your mortgage company: Advise them of your roof claim and inquire about their procedures for draft endorsement and contractor’s affidavits, lien releases, etc.
- Send check to mortgage company: Do not endorse the check, send the check to your mortgage company and request their endorsement, first.
- Review & schedule project: After you and your roofing contractor have agreed on the scope and terms of the claim, you should schedule the work to begin immediately.
- Accept material delivery: Verify the material mfg. and color with your roofing contractor.
- Inspect your roofing repair project: Once the job is completed and you are 100% satisfied with the work, you should expect to pay the balance of your roofing project.
- Secure all documents: Keep all documentation in a safe place and treat it as you would any warranty information. (You might even consider purchasing a home roof warranty.) Enjoy your newly restored home, and peace of mind!